Heya Benoit

Here's the view from a Business customer, who used to work for ISPs:

> - Why would business customers _need_ their ISP to operate a backup MX for them?

- If the customer is multihomed, there's almost no need for this. One exception: Customer wants to catch possible misconfiguration of DNS and/or mailserver on his side. - For a non-multihomed customer, mail or Internet in general should not be *that* business critical. If the customer doesn't want to be multihomed, but still sees mail as a business critical application, I would recommend to outsource mail serivces completely (newspeak: cloud).

> - Is it true, that most ISP offer this kind of service?

If there's a paying customer, there's a services who will provide the service. I remember that in the "old" days of the internet, we would implement almost every hack for customers. Nowadays, that marketing people, project managers and process designers are running ISPs, it's most probably not that common anymore...

Kind regards,
Viktor