Am 2022-10-13 08:46, schrieb Benoit Panizzon:
Short update on that issue...

Does anyone know who operates geoiplookup.net and how to contact them?

It looks like they source their Data from MaxMind but are solver
implementing corrections and therefore lacking behind corrections
published there.

The issue we have is not with content, but with services.

There is one SIP telephone service provider which fences his customers
to Swiss IP addresses only and provides services to businesses.

So if the static routed IP addresses of the business customer is locate
outside Switzerland, this is an effective denial of service to the
telephony of that customer.

This happens for the 3rd time within only a couple of weeks to the
same customer of us now.

The TSP in question blames us for assigning foreign ip addresses to the
customer in question and recommends the customer should get a new
Swiss ip range from us. This of course is not feasible, as this would
require lots of changes on the customer side.

Customer in question has an own transparent RIPE entry with country: ch
since 2016!
The range in question was never (since 2003, ripe does not provide
prior data) assigned to an ISP or customer outside Switzerland.

What I am trying to do now, is set up an ISP bulk location feed to
MaxMind and trying to persuade them to put a lock on our ip ranges
so only we can provide locations for those and noone else. (Has anyone
done this successfully?)

I am also pressing them to disclose how the same ip ranges now
repeatedly got put back to Germany shortly after we successfully
submitted corrections.

But all I get now is:

* Please use the online correction form.

* Thank you for submitting the correction, which we will push in our
  next update.

We also had a case like this, except it was gambling (and Zattoo, IIRC).

A single IP in our AS was assigned to Germany, for whatever reason.

I think we contacted the gambling-company's geo-fence provider (it was some other outfit than Maxmind, specializing in gambling and stuff like that) via Twitter who seemed to have a better connection to Maxmind (the original source of the data) and it got fixed, eventually.

It was very stressful....

But it could be worse:
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/aug/09/maxmind-mapping-lawsuit-kansas-farm-ip-address

Rainer