You must be younger than me, mine had tubes...

---------- Original Message ----------
From: Richard Cuff <rdc...@gmail.com>
To: Discussion list for the Winter SWL Fest <swlfest@hard-core-dx.com>
Subject: [Swlfest] OT but may interest Philly area radio enthusiasts
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 09:48:16 -0500

Phillies baseball games are being added to FM 94.1 (WIP-FM, the old
WYSP) as of the coming season.  50 kW Clear channel WPHT (legacy WCAU)
will still air the games as well, but it's one of those "signs of the
times" that AM radio continues to fall out of favor.

I grew up with a transistor radio under my pillow listening to
baseball in the summer in late evenings; nearly all baseball teams
from St. Louis eastwards aired on at least one 50 kW clear channel AM
station.  Alas, no longer...Atlanta and Detroit are two teams I can
easily think of that no longer have a 50 kW outlet.

I suppose I could put my iPhone under the pillow and listen using the
MLB Gameday Audio app, but it just ain't the same!

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA
above.

For more information on the Fest, visit:

http://www.swlfest.com
http://swlfest.blogspot.com