Some folks have resisted the use of Facebook because of security and
privacy concerns.  Perhaps the Cambridge Analytica incident shows their
wisdom.

As more folks have become uncomfortable about the use of Facebook, in
light of the Cambridge Analytica story, I've created a shadow group for
us over on Google +. Consider it an experiment to see if we can gain
enough critical mass on an alternative platform...

Facebook and Google + address privacy a bit differently.  If you want
to try it, here is the URL to join the group:

https://plus.google.com/communities/111414717109465458271?sqinv=MHdOTzJ
2Vk1XUVV6eDNnUFBTLW9XbGRkLTBNVFJR