Hi,

I'm having a problem using the python-sword2 client to submit items via the
DSpace4 swordv2 interface. I'm hoping to ultimately submit METSDspaceSIP
packages, but am currently just trying to get the basic examples given by
the python-sword2 documentation to work:

https://bitbucket.org/beno/python-sword2/wiki/BasicUsage

Anything other than the metadata-only example raises an uninformative
exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "swordtest.py", line 53, in <module>
>     recipe = conn.create(
>   File
> "C:\Langs\Python27\lib\site-packages\sword2-0.1-py2.7.egg\sword2\connection.py",
> line 838, in create
>     md5sum=md5sum)
>   File
> "C:\Langs\Python27\lib\site-packages\sword2-0.1-py2.7.egg\sword2\connection.py",
> line 661, in _make_request
>     return self._handle_error_response(resp, content)
>   File
> "C:\Langs\Python27\lib\site-packages\sword2-0.1-py2.7.egg\sword2\connection.py",
> line 311, in _handle_error_response
>     return self._return_error_or_exception(ServerError, resp, content)
>   File
> "C:\Langs\Python27\lib\site-packages\sword2-0.1-py2.7.egg\sword2\connection.py",
> line 258, in _return_error_or_exception
>     raise cls(resp)
> sword2.exceptions.ServerError

Stepping through with pdb, I manage to pull out a HTML response, which says:

HTTP Status 500 - org.swordapp.server.SwordServerException: Attempting to
> store and check deposit which has no input stream

Has anyone had any success doing multipart submissions to DSpace via the
Sword2 API? It seems similar to the issue discussed in this thread:

https://www.mail-archive.com/sword-app-tech@lists.sourceforge.net/msg00124.html

Is this issue with DSpace not dealing with multipart submissions still
present?

Thanks for any help or advice,
Matthew