Hi Folks,

I've put a new version of the spec up on the website based on the recent
feedback from the list:

http://swordapp.org/sword-v2/sword-v2-specifications/

The main changes that were made are as follows:

1/ Changed all relevant instances of URI to IRI.  I think I got them
all, but if you spot any inconsistencies let me know.

2/ Provided a better introduction with text from the business
case/technical approach document

3/ Corrected the identifiers to which 6.6.2 and 6.6.3 referred

4/ Added 2 new sections covering overwriting metadata or overwriting
with Atom Multipart (sections 6.5.2 and 6.5.3), which were missing from
the previous version

5/ Added a new section (6.10) on the use of SWORD on arbitrary IRIs in
order to clarify how it should be used alongside other standards like
CMIS, GData, OData, or just plain old REST

6/ Removed the use of 202 (Accepted) as an HTTP response code to any request

7/ Better introduction to the Metadata Handling section

8/ Removed usage of In-Progress header on IRIs which do not represent
the container (i.e. the Atom Entry).

9/ Better introduction to the Continued Deposit section, and the
addition of a section on how to complete an In-Progress deposit

10/ Added a new IRI type which I have called the SE-IRI (SWORD Edit IRI)
which is identified by the @rel value
"http://purl.net/org/sword/terms/add";, and is used to identify the IRI
which can be used to do HTTP POST against for adding content to a
container.  I updated all the references for HTTP POST operations to
refer to this IRI, and added it and an explanation of its relation to
Edit-IRI near the top of the document.  Note this doesn't strictly add a
new IRI to be maintained, the atom:link can still point to the Edit-IRI,
but their usage is distinguished as per the previous discussions on this
list

11/ Changed the rules for default packaging so that in the event that a
server does not announce any packaging, the client will assume that none
is supported.  I believe this means that SWORD now fully simplifies to
plain old AtomPub without confusion.

12/ Changed the old IRI which represented the zip package to be
http://purl.net/org/sword/package/SimpleZip, which is more descriptive.

There are, we know, still some comments on the list which haven't been
addressed.  These will be looked at next in tandem with an effort to
start the development of the clients and servers, as we feel that
there's not a lot more we can get out without first having a go at the
implementations.  Therefore, if you have commented on the list since
last week, we will go through and make a list of all the points and look
at them alongside the development process.

There are just a couple of questions we have regarding the latest changes:

a/ Can anyone see any obstacles in the spec to using another APP based
protocol in parallel.  We are thinking CMIS and GData, obviously, but
also perhaps others like OData.  It's important that SWORD not prove an
obstacle to them.

b/ Are there any other @rel values that we need to create to accurately
describe SWORD specific operations which aren't purely APP operations?
Looking over the profile when writing this version of the spec, it was
only the SE-IRI that we picked up.  Have we missed anything?

Cheers,

Richard