On Mar 25, 2013, at 11:15 , liuggio <liug...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Few words because I'm a little bit lost,
> cache is polysemic word, and for me unify caching is a great task
> but in order to clean (my) chaos could be great start from the usage this new
> component should have.
>
> Is possible to have a short and draft description of this new cache component
> with Goal and API?
>
> starting from the @vicb ticket (https://github.com/symfony/symfony/issues/1513
>
> Must:
> support Cache Validator
> support Cache Annotations reader
> support Cache Doctrine Bundle
>
> Should:
> have Cache factories
>
> and
>
> What about
> - Http caching?
> - php-fig?
> - Twig, yes I know that is better to have filesystem + Opcode but why not
> unifying all the component cache?

I definitely want to see HttpCache to use a separate cache layer. It would be
awesome to be able to hook in memcache or to add in a cache that supports
tagging to assist with more elaborate invalidation setups (in a cleaner way
than what the ezPublish guys had to do to enable the LocationID based
invalidation).

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
sm...@pooteeweet.org

If you want to report a vulnerability issue on Symfony, please read the
procedure on http://symfony.com/security

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/symfony-devs?hl=en
---