Hello.

I think the Symfony cache component should not be another cache backends
unification, but use existing ones (doctrine/cache, Stash) through the
future PSR cache interfaces. The value of this component would be in some
mechanisms built on top of the used backend(s), for instance:
- store metadata attached to cached items
- items tagging + get/remove by tag capability
- global namespace / key rewritting rules
- attach many backend and keep them in sync
- routing rules to store different keys in different backends

Do you think this would be interesting ? Would it useless ? Should this go
in an external library ?
I wrote a small POC to see how this could work:
https://github.com/symfony/symfony/pull/7986.
I think an extensible cache mechanism could handle many purpose (like
HttpCache).

Thanks in advance for your feedback,
Jean-François.

If you want to report a vulnerability issue on Symfony, please read the
procedure on http://symfony.com/security

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/symfony-devs?hl=en
---