You could look at the issues lists on Github:
https://github.com/sympy/sympy_gamma/issues and on Google Code:
https://code.google.com/p/sympy/issues/list?can=2&q=label%3AGamma, as well
as the GSoC ideas list: https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/GSoC-2014-Ideas.
Google App Engine, which Gamma runs on, has experimental matplotlib
support, which you could try to integrate into Gamma. Additionally, you
could work on implementing 3D plotting, either by using a library like
Three.js or trying to integrate what Mathics has, for instance. Parsing,
which is part of SymPy, could also use work (issues:
https://code.google.com/p/sympy/issues/list?can=2&q=label%3AParsing).

As for an Android app, I it's been discussed here before. Mathstep (
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nl.vertinode.mathstep) would
be an example of one that uses SymPy (but not Gamma) and runs Python on
Android; it's nicest feature, in my opinion, is the equation editor, which
could also be useful for Gamma on the web. Libraries that implement this
already exist (e.g. MathQuill, though we would have to be careful about
it's licence).

David