On Jan 17, 2014 8:10 PM, "Nitin Agarwal" <nitinagarwal3...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does d3.js plots both 2D and 3D plots as mentioned in the tutorial.
http://docs.sympy.org/latest/modules/plotting.html#module-sympy.plotting.pygletplot

No. D3 is completely separate from SymPy, the  documentation for SymPy does
not apply to Gamma's plotting at all.

> Also its been mentioned in the documentation that "Presently the plots
are rendered using matplotlib as a backend."

Again, this is only true for SymPy and not for Gamma.

> So let me try to make mathplotlib working on the server app engine.
>
> One query about mathplotlib. Since previously you had mentioned that
d3.js, which is all rendered client-side and does not support all types of
plots (particularly 3D plots) and trying to get matplotlib working with
SymPy on App Engine will help us in getting the 3D plots.

Sorry, but I don't see the question here, could you clarify?

> On Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 8:03 AM, David Li <li.david...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> This is not matplotlib, this is d3.js as I mentioned. For an example of
what doesn't work, try x^2 - y^2.

>> On Jan 17, 2014 8:02 PM, "Nitin Agarwal" <nitinagarwal3...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>>> So if I consider the plot of log(x) on Sympy gamma ie.
http://www.sympygamma.com/input/?i=log%28x%29 then how is this working. Its
also using mathplotlib. Am I right?  If mathplotlib is not working on the
development server, how the plotting is being done currently.

>>> I had seen the logic.py and resultsets.py, got some idea and the
working of Sympy Gamma.

>>> I would like to know some example of 2D and 3D which is not working.

out that the interactivity currently present with SymPy plots wouldn't work
by default on App Engine.

then create a new card for matplotlib plots that renders the plot,
serializes it to PNG or some image format, and then sends that as the
result. You will likely want to look through logic.py and resultsets.py to
get a sense of how Gamma works. If you have any specific questions, feel
free to ask me.

the plot. In the sympy documentation it's been mentioned that the plotting
module supports both 2D and 3D plots.
http://docs.sympy.org/latest/modules/plotting.html

working on this to get this done.

rendered client-side and does not support all types of plots (particularly
3D plots). Matplotlib would allow us to support that in Gamma. We wouldn't
necessarily be writing code using matplotlib, but instead trying to get
matplotlib working with SymPy on App Engine and then rendering and sending
a graph to the browser. For that matter, console access isn't exactly
available on App Engine, so the user wouldn't be able to interact with the
plot without additional code...

https://developers.google.com/appengine/docs/python/tools/libraries27 but
here its been mentioned that its a library used for 2D plotting. After
going though the plotting documentation of sympy, its been mentioned that
mathplotlib is alreadly been used and for plotting both 2D and 3D plots.
Link http://docs.sympy.org/latest/modules/plotting.html
controlled by console commands as well as keyboard and mouse.
sympy gamma. after working with some of the equations on sympy gamma, I can
see the plots being drawn for the equations.

matplotlib on App Engine:
https://developers.google.com/appengine/docs/python/tools/libraries27. You
will need some way to get matplotlib working on the development server
included with the SDK; I believe if you search around you will find a way
to do this. As for the purpose of this, currently Gamma doesn't support
plots such as 3D plots. You could also create result types to plot
statistical graphs, etc. or anything that matplotlib+SymPy is capable of
plotting. There aren't any plans for the support, other than that it would
be useful; I would recommend reading the SymPy documentation and seeing
what kinds of objects can be plotted.

on, has experimental matplotlib support, which you could try to integrate
into Gamma." I would like to know about the google app engine experimental
matplotlib support. I would like to integrate into gamma. Could you specify
in somewhat detail.

wish to discuss about the new ideas which I could start off with and
integrate with the Sympy gamma. We would have to besides the current
features, we would have to develop some new features in comparison to what
wolframalpha currently offers to the users.

https://github.com/sympy/sympy_gamma/issues and on Google Code:
https://code.google.com/p/sympy/issues/list?can=2&q=label%3AGamma, as well
as the GSoC ideas list: https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/GSoC-2014-Ideas.
Google App Engine, which Gamma runs on, has experimental matplotlib
support, which you could try to integrate into Gamma. Additionally, you
could work on implementing 3D plotting, either by using a library like
Three.js or trying to integrate what Mathics has, for instance. Parsing,
which is part of SymPy, could also use work (issues:
https://code.google.com/p/sympy/issues/list?can=2&q=label%3AParsing).

Mathstep (
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nl.vertinode.mathstep) would
be an example of one that uses SymPy (but not Gamma) and runs Python on
Android; it's nicest feature, in my opinion, is the equation editor, which
could also be useful for Gamma on the web. Libraries that implement this
already exist (e.g. MathQuill, though we would have to be careful about
it's licence).

community wants  in sympy_gamma or what are the future plans.

SHEKHAWAT wrote:

> [...]
wolfram alpha but because i am new i want
excited and i think i can develop it further.
gamma which will be really awesome against the paid app