@Jo Parser generators sure exist. They take in grammar specs and generate
parsers for that grammar. But the idea here is that we create our own
custom generator framework which takes in a predefined type of
rules(grammar) and then takes advantage of the similarities between the
different Languages such as Mathematica or MathML to create a parser that
parses the expression to sympy code. Please take a look at the
mathematica.py module in sympy/sympy/parsing folder. That is a parser for
mathematica language. But it has had to be coded by hand. What I intend to
implement is a program that takes in a few details about the differences
between the language and sympy and automatically generates the code that
converts the expression. Please do note that here the term "parser" that I
am referring to is not the exact "parser" that we have for other languages.
It is more of an interpreter sort of thing and I want to make the program
that creates those interpreters.

Regards,
Aditya

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/cc817d7c-4f5d-4894-9788-4b8fe2f5108e%40googlegroups.com.