Hi all,

I haven't really looked much at SymPy's mechanics module even though
mechanics is very much one of my interests and something that I like
to think I know a bit about. Today I finally took a look at it and I
found the whole API surprisingly complicated. I teach mechanics to
undergraduate students but I'm not sure if I would know how to teach
my students to use the mechanics module as it is now...

Firstly I looked through the documentation here:
https://docs.sympy.org/latest/modules/physics/mechanics/index.html
Is there any other guide/documentation that explains the general ideas
more simply with examples?

Suppose that I want to think about a simple 2D problem with a disc
rolling down a surface inclined at angle beta with (Coulomb) friction
coefficient mu. I want to know when/whether the disc will stick or
slip and get the equations of motion for each case. How would I go
about doing that using the mechanics module?

--
Oscar

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/CAHVvXxQXtAd_HGwTqaKrpDqQC_mNcyZAFgPrVe8Sq_hPwT6H0w%40mail.gmail.com.