This looks like an old topic, but I stumbled across the
Coppersmith-Winograd algorithm so I'm going to reply over this
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0747717108800132
it was quite difficult to understand the paper, but I'd suspect that the
coppersmith algorithm is about 'approximating' the matrix product rather
than computing the exact values.
If that is the case, it won't be interesting topic outside of numeric
computations.

I wonder if anyone familiar with the topic can clarify that the algorithm
is approximate.