Regarding galgebra, at first it did languish quite a bit, but now it
has been picked up by several people and is doing well
https://github.com/pygae/galgebra. So I think the main issue is that
for a package to do well on its own, it needs to have a strong
community, which is independent of the SymPy community.

Aaron Meurer