Hi Chris,

many thanks for the link to the stack overflow answer and in particular the PR
and also the elegant suggestion on how to address the problem with linear
programming.

I realized that I oversimplified the example though:

The problem I want to solve is a vector equation:

f_vec+a*x_vec+b*y_vec+n*s_vec=sh_vec+c*xsh_vec+d*ysh_vec

and I am looking for a solution with

0<=a,b,c,d<=1

I.e. there is more than one equation which need to be satisfied for the same x
and y:

print(sympy.solvers.inequalities.reduce_rational_inequalities([[x*5 + y*2
+z*3=5,x*2-y-z>5,x <= 1, x >= 0, y <= 1, y >= 0,z <= 1, z >= 0]], [x,y,z]))

I see no obvious way to apply your method to a set of multiple equations, but
it might due to my lack of experience with linear programming.

Thanks again
Rainer

--
Rainer Dorsch