On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 13:27:03 +0100, Patrick Ohly <patrick.o...@intel.com> wrote:

> My current thinking is to solve the problem in syncevo-dbus-server
> locally, without support by the package manager:
>       * at startup, determine a list of all shared libraries loaded into
>         memory (/proc/self/maps)
>       * set up change notifications for these files
>       * when triggered *and* idle, restart the daemon

I'm certainly in favour of having things done without the package
manager ;). Did you consider some kind of check done by the client
(e.g. syncevolution cli tool) saying hey dbus server, I am version X,
are you new enough? If the answer is no, trigger a restart.  Or perhaps
versioning the dbus service names as was already suggested. I might be a
bit messy if you really need to change it with every syncevolution
release.