On Mo, 2011-03-21 at 22:51 +0000, Hans de Jonge wrote:
> Might this also be related to my recent synchronisation problems?

No, I don't think so.

> Since your clear reply on January 2nd I set up a syncevolution config
> to synchronised the file
>
> /home/hansdej/.SyncEvolution/Calendar/calendar.ics
>
> with my N900 via bluetooth & the SyncML server builtin the N900 (With
> the capital C in uri=Calendar)

Let me guess:
      * you are using SyncEvolution < 1.1.99
      * you use "type=calendar" and

"evolutionsource=file:///home/hansdej/.SyncEvolution/Calendar/calendar.ics" on
the desktop
      * you recently upgraded your desktop from Evolution < 2.32 to 2.32
        (for example, in Debian Testing)

Correct?

In this case you access a specific .ics file via the EDS calendar
backend. Evolution 2.32 no longer supports the file:// prefix, and thus
triggers the "Error allocating creating calendar" (a bit oddly phrased
because it is a combination of two strings).

Matthew, is it still possible to specify absolute file locations with
the new local: prefix in Evolution 2.32?

I still need to adapt SyncEvolution to 2.32. Currently it should mostly
work (including the pre-compiled binaries from syncevolution.org),
except for:
      * nightly testing: depends on file:// semantic
      * users with old uri in their "evolutionsource": need to switch to
        the name (if it is unique) or the new uri
      * users with absolute file:// path: not sure what the replacement
        is

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.