I don't speak for Syndic8, but as a user, the approval process is
useful as a way to narrow down searches in the feeds database to those
that are, or at least at one point were, really useful (i.e., not
broken).

For example, I am currently looking for photography-related feeds for
a project I'm working on.  I can click the Feeds link, then type
"camera" in the Match field, then click the checkbox next to Status
and set the status to "Syndicated" and then click the Filter button. 
At the moment, that brings up 29 feeds that have a high probability of
being at least technically useful, which is a good first step since
then I can just evaluate them based on content.  It would be
discouraging to find good-content feeds that ended up being unusable
due to technical flaws, such as not being able to be parsed.

As a Reviewer, I try to log in regularly and review feeds to help get
them through the process.  Lots end up marked for repair, but I've
still managed to get a couple hundred feeds to the Syndicated status. 
In fact, I just added one to the results of the "camera" search.  :-) 
Anyway, there are thousands of Syndic8 users with the Reviewer role,
so perhaps all we really need is to do a bit of encouragement (and
education where necessary) to get those users to actively review
feeds.  If each person with a Reviewer role reviewed just five feeds
per day, we could approve (or otherwise handle) over 30,000 feeds in
one day.  That would quickly wipe out the bulk of the approval queue. 
(This is assuming I'm reading correctly the user statistics page.)

-- 
Stuart "Rattlesnake Stu" Whitmore  ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
http://www.just-stuart.com/


------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
$4.98 domain names from Yahoo!. Register anything.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Q7_YsB/neXJAA/yQLSAA/IRislB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

If you're getting "too much mail" then send a message to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(this will tell it to stop sending you mail)

To change your membership use THIS WEB PAGE: 
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/join
(here you can set your mail to digest, no mail or LEAVE the list)

To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit http://www.syndic8.com/ 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to