A more obvious process rigidly defined by a beginning-level user
interface would really help.

Is language correct?  (Yes/No).  If not, perhaps a drop-down list of
languages (I can at least identify most languages, even if I don't
speak them...)

Is feed validated?  (notes on what this means, links to verification
services, yes/no...)

Is blog feed up-to-date, function (help notes on criteria
there...especially on things like link farms.  I was tempted to reject
one based on the fact it was either not written by a human or written
by a really stupid one who sounds like an adbot.  It was hard to say,
so I left it.)

Is metadata correct/present? (notes on what's required, what's
optional, suggestions for edits?)

Potentially, categorization/rating recommendations?

Then, a vote on yes/no/maybe as already present.

The current interface is bit of a beast - I'm vaguely familiar with
the terminology and I find it a bit much to plow through.  I suspect
others are equally flummoxed.

Just a thought.

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 23:02:23 -0500, Don - htmlfixit.com
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 
> Bill Kearney wrote:
> >
> > Hi Clinton,
> >
> > The basis for it has been somewhat close to that used on the DMOZ, "People
> > do a better job".
> >
> > It's one thing to have a machine look at the technical bits and spit out an
> > answer.  It's another to know a real person has done it, as well as looking
> > across the range of other things they're doing.  Seeing that someone
> honestly if you had a setup to email me 2 a day, I would do those two
> perhaps you could set something up where I could pick the language and
> the number per day
> I know it would help me to remember every day to do one
> 
> 
> If you're getting "too much mail" then send a message to:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> (this will tell it to stop sending you mail)
> 
> To change your membership use THIS WEB PAGE:
> http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/join
> (here you can set your mail to digest, no mail or LEAVE the list)
> 
> To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit http://www.syndic8.com/
> Yahoo! Groups Links
> 
> 
> 
> 
>





------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/IRislB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

If you're getting "too much mail" then send a message to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(this will tell it to stop sending you mail)

To change your membership use THIS WEB PAGE: 
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/join
(here you can set your mail to digest, no mail or LEAVE the list)

To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit http://www.syndic8.com/ 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to