How about adding SL4NT from www.netal.com, I believe it can do TCP too.

> they not necessarily interoperate, even end devices support
> it sometimes:
>
> - kiwisyslog
> - msyslog
> - nsyslogd
> - syslog-ng
> - Cisco PIX
>
> And I'm sure I've forgotten some. These should interoperate,

I'd like to add

- MonitorWare Agent
- EventReporter
- WinSyslog

to the list ;) Not only for marketing purposes, but to get it complete.
Any other ones out there? I am asking because if we already do support
syslog over TCP, we might at least in this group agree on a way to do
it. If it then prooves to be doing nicely, we could try to get some
attention for such a protocol (you know, running code... ;))

Please note that I have been relatively silent on the list as I am
exploring mtr's "simple beep, just say no approach". I am not sure yet,
but maybe the negotation is not as bad as all. We may write a small lib
to cover this (probably as open source...). Needs to be seen...

Rainer