Rainer:

I made a comment earlier about how we should specify character set in
terms of Unicode and UTF-8.  You may want to reference RFC 2277, which
provides guidance on "IETF Policy on Character Sets and Languages".
Basically it says three things:

 - must support UTF-8 character set/encoding
 - must provide capability for identifying the language
 - must have section "Internationalization considerations"

I think internationalization should be part of -protocol because support
of UTF-8 already implies it. So, we need to add the last 2 things.

Identification of a language is tricky. I think we should not require
it.  For example, we need to be able to fire an authentication message
in English which contains a username in Japanese. So, how do we identify
the language such that one knows which language applies to which part?
I'd suggest we don't.

Maybe we should just define an optional multi-valued structured content
parameter like "lang" which would optionally list all languages used by
the message. We should support RFC 1766 language tags.

Thanks,
Anton.