Hello Olaf,

Olaf Hering [2015-10-16 15:22 +0200]:
> I just noticed that there is a catch al, which looks very odd:
>
> evdev:atkbd:dmi:bvn*:bvr*:bd*:svnHewlett-Packard*:pn*:pvr*

How does it look odd?

> Why would such a wildcard be correct?

As inconsistent as scan code assignments are between different
vendors, the big ones at least sem to have some internal consistency,
like HP, the "ThinkPad Extra Buttons", or the "Acer WMI hotkeys". We
just found over time that a large number of different HP models all
have the same keymap and it seems logical to factor out the common
keys and then just add a few model specific adjustments.

The common map does not set b2 BTW, so disabling it won't change
anything.

Martin