On 12/26/2015 07:06 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
> people needing handholding - bah

See, your problem is more a limited mindset / perspective problem.

From your attitude, you believe it's demeaning to use the proper tool
for the job, taking it as a point of pride that you have deficient and
obsolete tools at your disposal.

From your attitude, you also believe everyone else is obligated to
maintain and support ugly workarounds that result in broken systems
(e.g. no properly working reload).

> - for version control etckeeper does a damn good job,

Your attitude also tells me that you don't understand the value of
proper version control, with branching, merging, and possibly code
reviews.  In other words, that you don't see your infrastructure and
configuration as something to be managed as professionally as any other
software engineering project.

> vhsot-configs are generated by templates

Guess how Ansible works.

> and for the basic host configuration i don't need tools since i got a
> brain

You'll be needing that brain since no configuration management tool
generates those base configs for you.

> so do me a favour and creep away with your attitude press reply days
> and weeks later to every single post on a topic

No, I don't think I will be taking orders from you.

Here's what I think happened to you in the past.  You learned a bit of
bash, SysVinit, and etckeeper.  You decided this was going to be THE
THING for you -- your ultimate portfolio of skills -- forever for the
rest of your life.

Then us DevOps and systemd folks came crashing into your obsolescence party.

You resent that -- it's exceedingly obvious from your attitude that you
do.  That's why you've treated other people badly here.

It's time to evolve.  Arguably, it was time a few years ago.  Dust up
your learning cap and re-learn how things are done now.  Or pretty soon,
/you/ will be what becomes obsolete.

--
    Rudd-O
    http://rudd-o.com/