We are using Weston, we started Weston as service and added that dependency
to hmi application.

Iam starting as user service.

There is no reason for starting as basic.target. For testing purpose , iam
using basic.target.

I don't think so, it depends on any hardware. As of my understanding only
Weston is enough.

Iam getting error log related to hmi. "application initialization failed".