Am 14.08.19 um 12:10 schrieb Ulrich Windl:
>> That's all true, but the thing we need to check here is that systemd
>> correctly handles junk on the /run/systemd/private socket. The change on
>> the systemctl side certainly tries to prevent incorrect data being sent
>> down the socket -- though it looks like there's several ways in which
>> fd_move_above_stdio() can fail, so this isn't foolproof -- but we need to
>> ensure that some _malicious_ client can't DoS systemd.
>
> I don't want to contradict in principle, but doesn't "private socket" mean
> it's intended to be used by systemd only? Of course being root allows you to
> use any socket...

may is ask you to read the thread you are responding to?
nobody is touching the private socket

Betreff: Re: [systemd-devel] systemd's connections to /run/systemd/private ?
Datum: Tue, 13 Aug 2019 17:50:56 -0400
Von: Brian Reichert <reich...@numachi.com>
An: Zbigniew J??drzejewski-Szmek <zbys...@in.waw.pl>
Kopie (CC): systemd-devel@lists.freedesktop.org
This is sufficient to reproduce the effect of increasing the number
of file descriptors open to /run/systemd/private; at least, on my
box, in it's current state:

  sh -c 'exec 1>&-; /usr/bin/systemctl status ntpd.service'

We have cronjob that closes STDOUT, remaps STDERR to a log file,
and runs this systemctl command.  In my environment, this one-liner
will cause that FD count to go up by, 100% reproducible