14:57 for 5000m among the women is not nearly as impressive as 12:57 for men.
Also, the nature of the races was completely different, that of the women being
executed in fairly equally pace (albeit incomparably more demanding tahn
prevuious runs with the exception of Wang's and Radcliffe's near-solo efforts).
In contrast, the pace among the men was lifted abruptly as the Ethiopians
suddenly injected a 2:34.5 minute Km.

UG