Alan. Of course, you make great points. But don't expect a person of West
African ancestry to ever win a marathon -- they have such small, genetically
determined lung capacity and huge percentage of fast twitch muscles and
other anatomical and physiological characteristics that it would be a long
shot at best. On the other hand, East Asians have a great phenotype for the
marathon and particularly the ultra-marathon, as I explain in Taboo. It is
not just happenstance or culture that East Asians and their descendants such
as the Tarahumara Indians are among the world's dominant ultra-endurance
runners.