<< Stephen Cherono (date of birth 15Oct82) set a world junior record in the
3000 steeple of 7:58.66 at Van Damme meet last Friday. >>

I thought Raymond Yator's 2000 "WJR" of 8:03 for the Steeple would last a
long, long time.

But, they found a "new" faster "junior" in Kenya.

I believe that 3.38secs/3000m (= 0.00113 secs/m) is the smallest difference
in percentage terms between the WR and WJR for any running event, for men at
least.

If that same percentage difference could be achieved for other events, the
"WJR's" would be:

100m:           9.90
400m:           43.63
800m:   1:42.00
1500m:  3:27.68
5k:             12:44.83

However, maybe teenagers can come closer to seniors in an undemanding event
like the steeple.  It's such a short race and those hurdles take so little
out of you when you are just a kid.  Maybe you don't need years of training
to run 63's over the barriers for 8 min.  UGH!