<<< Who's to say that these Kenyans are actually 16-19?  >>>

Right.  I know this.

Supposedly Moses Kiptanui is 30 right now ... but he hasn't been near his
best in years ... that is because he is NOT 30.  Ditto for Kirui and Haile
Gebrselassie.

The same goes for most of the African who were World Junior Champions in the
last decade.  They are entered in the WJChamps because they need experience
at the elite level ... whereas the athletes from the developed countries
enter athletes because they need developmental experience for the elite
level.

 Some people say that they reach their peak faster than those outside
East-Africa ... that is crap.  Before the domination of distance running by
Africa occurred, there were many great Africans who ran for 10-12 years at a
high level or at least well into their 30's (Mike Boit, kip Keino, Miruts
Yifter, Kedir, Nyambui, Filbert Bayi, Wolde).

I have been described as "cynical to a fault" ... my post on the WJR was
supporting that perception ... it was pure sarcasm.

NEVER, EVER GIVE UP on anything!