I agree.  I had a teammate that loved to say how Jim Ryan had peaked by his
early 20s and ndver got any better, so he wasn't that great.  My retort was
who cares when his peak was?  The guy was a WR holder and the best of his
time.  If Alan Webb peaks in 2008, breaks an AR along the way and medals at
the Olympics and WCs, are we going to look back at his career as a failure
because he was on his way down at age 25 or 26?  No!  Or at least I won't.