> I am a noob to t2 - it looks like a great project. I have read the handbook
> and managed
> to build and install a minimal system.
>
> The first question I have is the handbook talks about being able to select
> the packages you
> want in expert mode during config. I have been unable to figure out how to do
> that.
>
> All I see is options on configurations on various classes of packages - such
> as games, etc.
>
> What am I missing?

To be able to add or remove any package you should select "Show expert
and experimental options" in the configuration menu. That will bring an
additional menu. There you should select "Custom package selection"
and after it select "Edit package selection rules". To add a package to
your configuration you should place "X packagename" in the Package
selection rule. To remove a package that as been selected by default in
your target you should place "O packagename".

Miguel Queirós