Hi,

Steve Clark wrote:
Miguel Queiros wrote:
I am a noob to t2 - it looks like a great project. I have read the handbook and managed
to build and install a minimal system.

The first question I have is the handbook talks about being able to select the packages you want in expert mode during config. I have been unable to figure out how to do that.

All I see is options on configurations on various classes of packages - such as games, etc.

What am I missing?

To be able to add or remove any package you should select "Show expert
and experimental options" in the configuration menu. That will bring an
additional menu. There you should select "Custom package selection"
and after it select "Edit package selection rules". To add a package to
your configuration you should place "X packagename" in the Package
selection rule. To remove a package that as been selected by default in
your target you should place "O packagename".

Miguel Queirós

Thanks,

Well this seems really painful.

I guess I was looking for a list of packages with a checkbox next to each package
so I could select or deselect the package.

Steve
Yes, the Config became a little slow over the last decade, though we already
started to optimize it (more work to be done). For an appliance you would
normally start a new target (e.g. copy an existing one to a new target  dir)
and define the package selection in the plain text target/.../pkgsel file.