On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 6:37 PM, Alan Mintz
<alan_mintz+...@earthlink.net<alan_mintz%2b...@earthlink.net>
> wrote:

> At 2009-12-22 11:59, Roy Wallace wrote:
> >I think Karlsruhe is still the best approach - e.g. even if you have
> >4, 6, 12, 18, 50, an even interpolation way from 4 to 50 is the best
> >you can do short of mapping each address individually.
>
> Except for this pesky line in the wiki page, which is what implies the
> presence of all housenumbers on an interpolation way:
>
> "For missing house numbers (e.g. missing "12") two ways need to be drawn
> (e.g. "1-11" and "13-25")."
>
> This is impractical anywhere I've been.

I feel your pain.  But if you're going to use addr tags anyway, shouldn't
your pseudo=yes be addr:pseudo=yes?  Or maybe even addr:inclusion=pseudo?
I'd prefer this be in the addr: namespace, this way at least there's a hint
to any renderers/geocoders that there's something about this addr tag that
the renderer/geocoder doesn't understand.

Looking at your sample node (
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/587389651), it seems to be at least
approximately in line with Karlsruhe backward-compatibility-wise.