On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 9:37 AM, Alan Mintz
<alan_mintz+...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> At 2009-12-22 11:59, Roy Wallace wrote:
>>I think Karlsruhe is still the best approach - e.g. even if you have
>>4, 6, 12, 18, 50, an even interpolation way from 4 to 50 is the best
>>you can do short of mapping each address individually.
>
> Except for this pesky line in the wiki page, which is what implies the
> presence of all housenumbers on an interpolation way:
>
> "For missing house numbers (e.g. missing "12") two ways need to be drawn
> (e.g. "1-11" and "13-25")."

IMHO this should be prefixed with "Ideally, ...". If you know the two
ends, go with addr:interpolation. Also, have you seen addr:inclusion?
You may want to contribute to some ideas here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:addr#Using_Address_Interpolation_for_partial_surveys