On the German ML, Fabian Schmid has posted a user statistic, showing that the
377040 trees have been mapped/touched by 2579 mappers. 148 have added at
least 100 trees, 2246 have added less than 30 trees, so cannot be involved
with mass additions of generic trees. 75% of all trees have been added by
only 3 mass mappers. This would indicated that a majority of about 87% have
used the tag for single trees as defined in the wiki while only very few
people tagged against the wiki but added masses of nodes.

I have extended my own statistics to show the number of users in Germany.
1388 mappers have used the Tag according to the Wiki definition, mapping
either real lone trees or have used the "denotation" extension.
Only 428 have placed at least one generic tree without proper tagging.

So a change of the definition would not only invalidate about 58000
seriously mapped significant trees, it would also be against the majority
use.

bye
          Nop