On 8 November 2010 13:14, Richard Welty <rwe...@averillpark.net> wrote:

> a gallery doesn't have to be a building by it self, it doesn't have
> to be focused on selling (a false distinction in my book), it can
> be 2 or 3 walls in a library

For the moment Martin's proposal doesn't offer anything for those cases. As
with all features, it's important to remember that we are concerned with the
primary purpose or use for a feature. Just because museums have cafes,
shops, toilets, libraries, etc. doesn't necessarily mean we should add all
of those sub-features.

> i don't really have any tagging suggestions to offer right this minute,
> but i do think geek instincts are leading this discussion in the
> direction of looking for bright shiny lines in the sand between
> different things, whereas from experience i can tell you it's a
> fuzzy continuum.

As somebody with experience curating and organising art exhibitions, music
festivals and similar, I agree!

Unfortunately we are in the game of developing tagging schemas rather than
elegant essays! We must do our best to approximate some lines that make
sense across linguistic boundaries.

Regards,
Tom