On 1/1/11 2:17 PM, Robert Elsenaar wrote:
"hazard:bicycle" is the other way round. If there is a key/value e.g. "hazard=narrow" then you can easily use "cycleway:hazard=narrow" to tag the fact that the hazard tag is specificly warns for a narrow cycle-lane.

highway=*
cycleway:right=lane
cycleway:width=0.5
cycleway:hazard=narrow

I think this is a beautifull set of tags that describes objectivity the shown situation.

i'm going to suggest that we don't do narrow in this manner. going back
to the photo that started this whole thing, i'd suggest

cycleway:right=lane
cycleway:width=0.5
cycleway:hazard=barrier

to indicate that the lane is narrow (width is sufficient indication of this)
and that there's a physical barrier to one side. the cyclist should
be able to infer that s/he'll be riding in a narrow lane with traffic
to one side and a barrier to the other.

richard