2011/1/27 Stephen Hope <slh...@gmail.com>:
> On 28 January 2011 07:43,  <j...@jfeldredge.com> wrote:
>> Scree, however, usually refers to a sloping pile of loose rock at the base
>> of a cliff, rather than being a general term for loose rocks.
>
> It's a little bit more general than that - a sloping hillside covered
> with loose rock is also scree.  But loose rock on flat ground never
> is.  I used to climb up scree slopes a lot when I was a kid.

OK, so IMHO this would be right to remain in natural: it is more about
the geographical situation then about the material (or better: it is
not only about the material, but it is a type of "landscape"-feature).
Opposed to this, "loose_rock" would be a landcover-feature (and
probably implied by scree).

Cheers,
Martin