On 23/05/2011 12:15, Andrew Chadwick (lists) wrote:
I'm suggesting that we remove the language on
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:leisure%3Dgarden which recommends
leisure=garden for tagging private residential gardens. The talk page
entry is at http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Tag:leisure%3Dgarden
and I welcome your comments!

This mini-proposal suggests A) removing the language from the first and
second English-language paragraph describing residential gardens, and B)
suggesting

     landuse=residential
     residential=garden

as an alternative tagging scheme. My rationale for doing this:

I agree with all this for not using leisure=garden.

Though I think it would be simpler to just tag them as residential=garden, without the landuse tag. Usually you would have landuse=residential around the whole area, then map individual gardens and houses etc within that.

No need to use two tags when one will say just as much.