On 21/02/12 09:45, Frederik Ramm wrote:
I don't think that a tagging style that works best in Europe will automatically also be the one that works best in South America. Any attempt to force everyone to use the same style will automatically make the map *less* good in some places. I think that it is one of the great strengths of OSM that we can allow people to map what is good for them locally, and we should not throw that away just because some programmer somewhere finds it easier to roll out his iPhone app if tags are synchronized the world over!
+1

--
Cheers, Chris
user: chillly