On 21/02/12 09:50, sabas88 wrote:
2012/2/21 Frederik Ramm <frede...@remote.org <mailto:frede...@remote.org>>

    I don't think that a tagging style that works best in Europe will
    automatically also be the one that works best in South America.
    Any attempt to force everyone to use the same style will
    automatically make the map *less* good in some places. I think
    that it is one of the great strengths of OSM that we can allow
    people to map what is good for them locally, and we should not
    throw that away just because some programmer somewhere finds it
    easier to roll out his iPhone app if tags are synchronized the
    world over!

And if there's three or four different tagging schemes for the same thing in the same country? Changing in quantity, genre or spelling for instance.
These schemes will not spontaneously appear, they take time and I'm sure that there will be enough people on this list to point out the error of heading down that path. :-)

--
Cheers, Chris
user: chillly