2012/5/22 Volker Schmidt <vosc...@gmail.com>

> Ho guardato come lo fanno a Bolzano-Bozen.
>
> Un esempio
>
> name <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:name?uselang=en> = Via
> Argentieri - Silbergasse  name:de = Silbergasse  name:it = Via Argentieri
> Da notare che i nomi italiani in Alto Adige spesso non sono traduzioni, ma
> nomi autonomi spesso basati sul  nome locale in dialetto tirolese (non nel
> esempio).
>
> Cosi sulla mappa si vedono entrambi i nomi.
> Da notare che si tratto di nomi ufficilai.
> Non so se a Nice-Nizza si tratta di nomi ufficiali o di targhe che sono
> state messe in modo ufficioso.
>
> Volker

Volker, bear with me as I translate this into English: this discussion is
in Tagging :-)

Volker checked how street names are tagged in Alto Adige - SüdTirol, based
on the fact that German-language names there are not always the translation
of the Italian name, much like it happens in Nice.

However, as you figured out yourself, Nice is in a different situation. The
German name in Alto Adige is in fact official; the Nissart one in Nice is
not. The street signs are "official" in that they've been installed by the
city of Nice (they're not abusive), but they're not used in addresses, for
example.

On the other hand, for example, I had no hesitation in tagging the park
around the old castle in Nice with name=Lou Casteu, which is the official
name even if it's in Nissart (in French it would be "Le Chateau").

Simone