2012/6/13 Eckhart Wörner <ewoer...@kde.org>:
> Competing proposals:
> *
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/access_restrictions_1.5
> - in my opinion a horrible and incomprehensible syntax with arbitrary
> distinctions, taginfo revealed almost no uses (for example,
> "maxspeed:hgv:wet" in the Extended Conditions proposal above is
> "access:lgv?wet.speed" in the Access Restrictions 1.5 proposal)

In my opinion the 1.5 proposal is not that horrible. The syntax is
quite complicated so that no mere mortal will ever understand it and
we would need quite some editor support there. But is also seems to be
more flexible and powerful.

However your example "access:lgv?wet.speed" is a good one against the
1.5 proposal. But why not combine those proposals? This would result
in "maxspeed:hgv?wet". I read this as "the MAXSPEED for HGV IF (the
question mark) weather is WET is ...". Sound reasonable to me.

To me the 1.5 proposal shows a good idea how to introduce conditions,
but I would not force everything in the access-namespace. From an
academic point of view the 1.5 this would be consistent, from a
practical point of view it would complicate things too much. IMO ;-)

Martin