2012/6/13 Tobias Knerr <o...@tobias-knerr.de>:
> Can you give a concrete example where it is actually more powerful?

For example the self-defined conditions. Not elegant in my opinion,
improvable, but quite nice!

> Something that can be expressed with "restrictions 1.5", but not with
> the "extended conditions" syntax?
>
> (Yes, it lists "more of the same" - more vehicle types, more groups of
> users, more weather conditions and so on. But that's not what I mean.
> These things don't have anything to do with the syntax.)
>
>> However your example "access:lgv?wet.speed" is a good one against the
>> 1.5 proposal. But why not combine those proposals? This would result
>> in "maxspeed:hgv?wet". I read this as "the MAXSPEED for HGV IF (the
>> question mark) weather is WET is ...". Sound reasonable to me.
>
> More reasonable than "access:lgv?wet.speed", yes. But how is it easier
> than "maxspeed:hgv:wet"?

Simply because it uses different separators for different purposes.
The : is used often for subkeys. It is not a good choice here. The 1.5
uses the ? in front of the condition. So it is obvious where the
condition starts. IMO a good approach.

Martin