2013/2/9 Dave F. <dave...@madasafish.com>:
> I'm not interest in this as:
> 1. It's far too detailed. There are much better thing I can spend my time
> mapping.
> 2. It's too variable. The different seasons, whether the farmer has gone
> down the lane with his hedge trimmer etc.etc.

If you are not going to tag this because you think it is too detailed
and the tag is not suitable for your area (because of seasonal
changes) you won't be much help in finding a solution. There are some
mappers who do want to tag it, and as long as their way of tagging is
compatible with the rest of the tagging scheme (i.e. they use subtags
rather than more differentiated values for the main key) there is
really no problem if they do it.

Please keep in mind that there are areas with no seasons or almost no
seasonal changes and there are obstacles (vegetation) that don't
change their obstacle effect a lot with the seasons (for example a
very thick bush will be a major obstacle throughout all seasons, at
least in my local area).

I also think that this tag is quite detailed, but I won't hinder or
discourage anybody from adding this level of detail if he wants to.

cheers,
Martin