Hi,

Thanks to all who responded.

On 2013-08-08 06:40, malenki wrote :
> You could map the dam as area with the highway crossing it.
Yes, I finally did that. Even if the dam is a mere 6.5 m wide, it makes
sense.

On 2013-08-08 02:49, Paul Johnson wrote :
> I don't see how those tags are mutually exclusive.  As for a dam being
> a waterway, makes about as much sense as highway=traffic_signals to me.
It depends what tags you're speaking of.

Doing as said above, I got a "Crossing waterway/highway" (at dam ends)
compliment from JOSM.
Expecting Osmose soon.

Having had them share the same nodes, which I like less because
invisible, that would have been "overlap" compliment, even at different
layers unless this will be accepted one day.
<https://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/7788>

See what I mean?

Cheers,

André.