On 22 September 2013 15:34, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdre...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I wouldn't tag them as man_made=tower

Me neither. The typical large metal framework structures for carrying
high-voltage electricity cables would be unlikely to be called towers
in normal British English language usage. I would guess that most
people would call them pylons. They also don't really fit with the
current OSM usage of man_made=tower, so if we have to use something
under man_made, I'd go for man_made=pylon.

> I wouldn't tag every antenna as tower neither, but of course there are
> communication towers (e.g. there are some famous ones for tv).

I'd often use man_made=mast for tall single pole or lattice framework
structures.

Robert.

--
Robert Whittaker