2013/11/2 Pieren <pier...@gmail.com>

> > btw, IMHO secondary are more similar to primaries than they are to
> > tertiaries, as both are long range connections, while tertiaries aren't
> > generally long range connections.
>
> Brazilians could also decide that they don't need "trunk" because they
> don't have something equivalent localy.

in Italy and Germany we use trunk for roads that are similar to motorways
but aren't legally motorways (i.e. they don't have level crossings or
traffic lights, they do have separated carriageways and ramps), and which
might in some exceptional cases allow for bicyles or pedestrians (if those
are forbidden we use an additional attribute: motorroad=yes).

Cheers,
Martin