Hi Fernando

Still think you should not change the meaning of a key but use an
new/own key or even only a subkey for the other existing values
considering living_street. Actually, I am in favour of deprecating
living_street as it is already used for too many different cases and
wrong in concept (at least for the original intention).

Comming back to highway=* we do not attribute who is maintaining the
road nor if it is a called and signed as national, state and municipal
roads but we use it to tell about the importance of the road within the
traffic network and about the number of motor_vehicles using the road.

cheers fly