On Sun, 2013-11-03 at 13:56 +0000, Matthijs Melissen wrote:

> For the native speakers: is creche the most commonly used term? Is
> there a difference between creche and nursery?

My understanding, as a native UK English speaker, is that a nursery is
somewhere that a child attends regularly, a pre-school type place. A
creche is somewhere that looks after young children for occasional
short-term periods, such as in a shopping centre or a university. Where
a child can be left whilst the parent does something else, such as
shopping or attends a lecture.

Phil (trigpoint)